EMERGENCY LIFE SUPPORT TRAINING
Heartstart Eastbourne is run for people who have an interest in learning about Emergency Life Support and is FREE.
It is a British Heart Foundation initiative and provides free Emergency Life Support (ELS) training for the community.
Heartstart Eastbourne is sponsored and operated by Eastbourne Area Community First Responders.
This course is aimed at the public. Anyone from the age of ten upwards can attend and learn the complete range of ELS skills.
To date 3.6 million people have been trained through HeartStart.
The HeartStart programme includes:
- assessing an unconscious patient
- put an unconscious patient into the recovery position
- performing cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- an introduction to defibrillators
- dealing with choking
- dealing with serious bleeding
- helping someone that may be having a heart attack
Knowing what to do when someone has a cardiac arrest is important. If you know how to carry out CPR, you can buy the time needed for professional help to arrive and save a life. Being able to do CPR more than doubles the chance of survival.
The course lasts about two hours and provides practical hands-on learning. A practical 'learn by doing' experience.
- RT @SussexIncidents: Have you seen missing teenager Adam Pirot? He was last seen at his home address in #Brighton on the evening of We… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- We rely on the generosity of the community to carry out this vital work. If you are able to help us please visit… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Members of our team will be on call responding to emergencies as directed by South East Coast Ambulance Service. We… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- RT @David_Ruddle: Today our #CharityOfTheDay is @EbnResponders j.mp/2NM9opt Show them support by helping in any way you c… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- RT @sbattrawden: Some people don’t get why I am so vocal about the NHS. So here it is. Our son spent 3 months in ICU. He was resusc… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- RT @RotherCFR: Did you know our charity funds 20 public access defibrillators in the area? This year it will cost £500 to replace… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- RT @PlgScarecrowsCF: A big thanks to @Morrisons #Eastbourne for donating this pamper hamper to us! It will be added as a bonus prize in… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…