EMERGENCY LIFE SUPPORT TRAINING
Heartstart Eastbourne is run for people who have an interest in learning about Emergency Life Support and is FREE.
It is a British Heart Foundation initiative and provides free Emergency Life Support (ELS) training for the community.
Heartstart Eastbourne is sponsored and operated by Eastbourne Area Community First Responders.
This course is aimed at the public. Anyone from the age of ten upwards can attend and learn the complete range of ELS skills.
To date 3.6 million people have been trained through HeartStart.
The HeartStart programme includes:
- assessing an unconscious patient
- put an unconscious patient into the recovery position
- performing cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- an introduction to defibrillators
- dealing with choking
- dealing with serious bleeding
- helping someone that may be having a heart attack
Knowing what to do when someone has a cardiac arrest is important. If you know how to carry out CPR, you can buy the time needed for professional help to arrive and save a life. Being able to do CPR more than doubles the chance of survival.
The course lasts about two hours and provides practical hands-on learning. A practical 'learn by doing' experience.
- RT @LondonHearts1: Hallelujah common sense spoken at last. ❤️RT if you agree that CPR and Defibrillator training should be mandatory… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- RT @cyndiblaw1: Cardiac Arrest does not discriminate due to age, gender, ethnicity, wealth, etc... know CPR & always know where the… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- RT @Philtered05: ***PLEASE SHARE*** A 98 year old from Chichester had his WW2 medals stolen last night from his home in Chichester… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- RT @SHOCKINGdefibEG: Another successful defibrillation at a school. Another Cardiac Arrest with an unknown cause. Learn CPR today. CPR c… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- RT @emmasecamb: We have over 7,500 people signed up to have a #RestartaHeart session at their school or in their community. We are… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- RT @Ell_Wright6248: Sometimes policing is making an 88 year olds bed, changing her light bulbs and making her tea to make her feel safe… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- RT @EB_Airshow: 2 months to go!!! #SmokeOn