EMERGENCY LIFE SUPPORT TRAINING
Heartstart Eastbourne is run for people who have an interest in learning about Emergency Life Support and is FREE.
It is a British Heart Foundation initiative and provides free Emergency Life Support (ELS) training for the community.
Heartstart Eastbourne is sponsored and operated by Eastbourne Area Community First Responders.
This course is aimed at the public. Anyone from the age of ten upwards can attend and learn the complete range of ELS skills.
To date 3.6 million people have been trained through HeartStart.
The HeartStart programme includes:
- assessing an unconscious patient
- put an unconscious patient into the recovery position
- performing cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- an introduction to defibrillators
- dealing with choking
- dealing with serious bleeding
- helping someone that may be having a heart attack
Knowing what to do when someone has a cardiac arrest is important. If you know how to carry out CPR, you can buy the time needed for professional help to arrive and save a life. Being able to do CPR more than doubles the chance of survival.
The course lasts about two hours and provides practical hands-on learning. A practical 'learn by doing' experience.
- RT @NCINewhaven: Absolutely amazing! I always carry my phone to sea in one of these. twitter.com/RNLI/status/13…
- @andycooper01 Congrats Andy. A real priviledge to have you as part of Team Eastbourne Area Community First Responders.
- RT @ItsBenHooper: Infection rates are still rising. When will people open their eyes and realise that this pandemic is not going to g… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- RT @warwicksmith: It's gone 10pm, but I can tell you that even after a full day of work some of your local NHS staff have volunteered… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- RT @SECAmb_SCFRTL: Awesome to get to this point and redeploy custom welfare vans to support our @SECAmbulance crews. Thanks to all the… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- RT @RotherCFR: If you are a Good Sam responder in our area and you'd like to be in touch for any reason, contact us. We would love to get to know you. 😁
- RT @SECAmbulance: Very disappointed and saddened to hear that 5 staff vehicles and 1 single response car had their tyres slashed on s… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…