EMERGENCY LIFE SUPPORT TRAINING
Heartstart Eastbourne is run for people who have an interest in learning about Emergency Life Support and is FREE.
It is a British Heart Foundation initiative and provides free Emergency Life Support (ELS) training for the community.
Heartstart Eastbourne is sponsored and operated by Eastbourne Area Community First Responders.
This course is aimed at the public. Anyone from the age of ten upwards can attend and learn the complete range of ELS skills.
To date 3.6 million people have been trained through HeartStart.
The HeartStart programme includes:
- assessing an unconscious patient
- put an unconscious patient into the recovery position
- performing cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- an introduction to defibrillators
- dealing with choking
- dealing with serious bleeding
- helping someone that may be having a heart attack
Knowing what to do when someone has a cardiac arrest is important. If you know how to carry out CPR, you can buy the time needed for professional help to arrive and save a life. Being able to do CPR more than doubles the chance of survival.
The course lasts about two hours and provides practical hands-on learning. A practical 'learn by doing' experience.
- RT @Bidefordcrt: This week is Drowning prevention and water safety week spearheaded by @NFCC_FireChiefs we along with other… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- RT @emmasecamb: It was an absolute pleasure too meet these lovely gentleman and lady twitter.com/fellows3tim/st…
- RT @CFOESFRS: @EastSussexFRS @BBCSussex @JuiceBrighton @moresussex ...@EastSussexFRS are out and about this week ...raising aware… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- RT @ChrisKendall85: Please keep your children safe! You don’t know when these gates are going to open. There is no warning. The outcome… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- RT @CFOESFRS: @SouthernMrsOwen .....next week is @NFCC_FireChiefs drowning prevention week...maybe you would do a RT...? https://t.co/Va3UJUTbWt
- RT @Dr_CMSmith: No training required, just confidence - but if you want a bit of confidence try the #LifesaverApp from… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- RT @proftomquinn: Ireland ‘way ahead’in bystander CPR rates: Prof Chamberlain #Respond2018 @CFRIreland https://t.co/M9gyGypgRp