EMERGENCY LIFE SUPPORT TRAINING
Heartstart Eastbourne is run for people who have an interest in learning about Emergency Life Support and is FREE.
It is a British Heart Foundation initiative and provides free Emergency Life Support (ELS) training for the community.
Heartstart Eastbourne is sponsored and operated by Eastbourne Area Community First Responders.
This course is aimed at the public. Anyone from the age of ten upwards can attend and learn the complete range of ELS skills.
To date 3.6 million people have been trained through HeartStart.
The HeartStart programme includes:
- assessing an unconscious patient
- put an unconscious patient into the recovery position
- performing cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- an introduction to defibrillators
- dealing with choking
- dealing with serious bleeding
- helping someone that may be having a heart attack
Knowing what to do when someone has a cardiac arrest is important. If you know how to carry out CPR, you can buy the time needed for professional help to arrive and save a life. Being able to do CPR more than doubles the chance of survival.
The course lasts about two hours and provides practical hands-on learning. A practical 'learn by doing' experience.
- RT @HighwaysSEAST: #M2 J5 W/B entry slip road is expected to remain CLOSED throughout this morning to allow emergency carriageway resu… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- RT @MCA_media: HM Coastguard issues fresh safety warning after dramatic footage is released of young #tombstoner injured after jum… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- RT @EastSussexFRS: We support #wearefirefirefighters - control operators, community & business safety, support staff and of course fi… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- RT @lfbgreenwich: Good morning. Weather warning from @metoffice about strong winds tomorrow. Start making plans to stay safe today… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- RT @CFR_WestKent: Great to have been a part of #RestartAHeart training the kids with the @CrowboroughCFR team twitter.com/secambulance/s…
- RT @SPServicesUK: Attacks on emergency workers will face tougher sentences under a new law which has been given government backing. P… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- RT @SC_NeilWorth: It’s an absolutely filthy night out there! If you’re driving in the morning take care as the roads are going to be… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…