EMERGENCY LIFE SUPPORT TRAINING
Heartstart Eastbourne is run for people who have an interest in learning about Emergency Life Support and is FREE.
It is a British Heart Foundation initiative and provides free Emergency Life Support (ELS) training for the community.
Heartstart Eastbourne is sponsored and operated by Eastbourne Area Community First Responders.
This course is aimed at the public. Anyone from the age of ten upwards can attend and learn the complete range of ELS skills.
To date 3.6 million people have been trained through HeartStart.
The HeartStart programme includes:
- assessing an unconscious patient
- put an unconscious patient into the recovery position
- performing cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- an introduction to defibrillators
- dealing with choking
- dealing with serious bleeding
- helping someone that may be having a heart attack
Knowing what to do when someone has a cardiac arrest is important. If you know how to carry out CPR, you can buy the time needed for professional help to arrive and save a life. Being able to do CPR more than doubles the chance of survival.
The course lasts about two hours and provides practical hands-on learning. A practical 'learn by doing' experience.
- RT @DavidWellsHoCE: First cohort of new @SECambulanceCFR completing the FurtureQual L3 exam this morning. Good luck everyone!… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- RT @PlgScarecrowsCF: We are looking for a business to support us and sponsor the Polegate Scarecrow Festival 2021! If you can help or w… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- RT @Dodd68Fra: To all the people feeling the pressure right now, know you are doing just grand, even if you feel a bit broken. Sm… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- RT @ResusCouncilUK: Several alternative methods to CPR have shown no benefit in saving lives in a review by University of Warwick resea… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- RT @SecambPMRC: Today we said farewell and a huge thank you to staff of the @9RegimentRLC @UKArmyLogistics They've been crewing a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- RT @Hastingsrnli: Lots of sea swimming around #Hastings at the moment, please take a moment to check out our tips to stay safe. twitter.com/RNLI/status/13…
- RT @JJBURFIELD: With it being #NationalApprenticeshipWeek why not think about joining @SECAmbulance with apprenticeships for Emerge… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…