EMERGENCY LIFE SUPPORT TRAINING
Heartstart Eastbourne is run for people who have an interest in learning about Emergency Life Support and is FREE.
It is a British Heart Foundation initiative and provides free Emergency Life Support (ELS) training for the community.
Heartstart Eastbourne is sponsored and operated by Eastbourne Area Community First Responders.
This course is aimed at the public. Anyone from the age of ten upwards can attend and learn the complete range of ELS skills.
To date 3.6 million people have been trained through HeartStart.
The HeartStart programme includes:
- assessing an unconscious patient
- put an unconscious patient into the recovery position
- performing cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- an introduction to defibrillators
- dealing with choking
- dealing with serious bleeding
- helping someone that may be having a heart attack
Knowing what to do when someone has a cardiac arrest is important. If you know how to carry out CPR, you can buy the time needed for professional help to arrive and save a life. Being able to do CPR more than doubles the chance of survival.
The course lasts about two hours and provides practical hands-on learning. A practical 'learn by doing' experience.
- RT @David_Ruddle: Today our #CharityOfTheDay is @EbnResponders j.mp/2NM9opt Show them support by helping in any way you c… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- RT @SECAmb_SCFRTL: Thank you for the difference you make 💙 twitter.com/CrowboroughCFR…
- RT @PlgScarecrowsCF: 🎉ONLY 5 DAYS TO GO!🎉 💷OVER £100 IN GIFT VOUCHERS TO BE WON! 💷 Enter today for just 50p per ticket and you could h… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- RT @VisitEastbourne: Lunch with a view? Don't mind if we do! With DQ Terrace Bar & Cafe's terrace overlooking the award winning… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- RT @SouthamptonCFRs: Evening everyone! Community Responder Nick is out responding in Southampton area for @SCAS999 this evening! Ple… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- RT @NCINewhaven: I know we go on about tombstoning but here’s a personal story which was posted on social media yesterday. Please sh… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- RT @SECAmbulance: Extremely saddened to hear of the tragic death of a colleague from @OFFICIALWMAS whilst responding to a 999 call th… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…