EMERGENCY LIFE SUPPORT TRAINING
Heartstart Eastbourne is run for people who have an interest in learning about Emergency Life Support and is FREE.
It is a British Heart Foundation initiative and provides free Emergency Life Support (ELS) training for the community.
Heartstart Eastbourne is sponsored and operated by Eastbourne Area Community First Responders.
This course is aimed at the public. Anyone from the age of ten upwards can attend and learn the complete range of ELS skills.
To date 3.6 million people have been trained through HeartStart.
The HeartStart programme includes:
- assessing an unconscious patient
- put an unconscious patient into the recovery position
- performing cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- an introduction to defibrillators
- dealing with choking
- dealing with serious bleeding
- helping someone that may be having a heart attack
Knowing what to do when someone has a cardiac arrest is important. If you know how to carry out CPR, you can buy the time needed for professional help to arrive and save a life. Being able to do CPR more than doubles the chance of survival.
The course lasts about two hours and provides practical hands-on learning. A practical 'learn by doing' experience.
- RT @DrRobgalloway: If you have been affected by what happened at the Denmark match, then learn cpr @stjohnambulance The drs did a gr… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- RT @FLTDOC1: He wasnt saved by a trauma system or an elaborate stroke ambulance not by a cardiologist & cath lab or a helicopter… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- RT @SECamb_MartinW: Good Morning from your @SECAmbulance team #Hastings. Another nice day, please be safe & remember to social distanc… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- RT @dharford79: It’s also #TyreTuesday Tyre checks are crucial to the #RoadSafety of you, your passengers & other road users.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- RT @David_Ruddle: Today our #CharityOfTheDay is Eastbourne @EbnResponders Read more about them at j.mp/2NM9opt… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- RT @SECAmb_SCFRTL: Proud to serve as a volunteer for the Trust 💚 and thank you to the #CommunityResilience team for all you do behind… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- RT @EastSussexFRS: It's #VolunteersWeek & we would like to say a big THANK YOU to our wonderful volunteers. There are not enough word… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…