EMERGENCY LIFE SUPPORT TRAINING
Heartstart Eastbourne is run for people who have an interest in learning about Emergency Life Support and is FREE.
It is a British Heart Foundation initiative and provides free Emergency Life Support (ELS) training for the community.
Heartstart Eastbourne is sponsored and operated by Eastbourne Area Community First Responders.
This course is aimed at the public. Anyone from the age of ten upwards can attend and learn the complete range of ELS skills.
To date 3.6 million people have been trained through HeartStart.
The HeartStart programme includes:
- assessing an unconscious patient
- put an unconscious patient into the recovery position
- performing cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- an introduction to defibrillators
- dealing with choking
- dealing with serious bleeding
- helping someone that may be having a heart attack
Knowing what to do when someone has a cardiac arrest is important. If you know how to carry out CPR, you can buy the time needed for professional help to arrive and save a life. Being able to do CPR more than doubles the chance of survival.
The course lasts about two hours and provides practical hands-on learning. A practical 'learn by doing' experience.
- RT @NCINewhaven: Another windy weekend. In our patch we’ve got a forecast of SW or S from force 5 to 7, up to severe gale force 9. T… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- RT @CrowboroughCFR: What a great announcement to be able to make on #RestartAHeart day, where the importance & knowledge of CPR & using… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- RT @CFRJohn1: Good morning everyone booked on and ready to help just wanted to share a true story and the importance of bystander… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- RT @EbnResponders: Grateful to #BestOfEastbourne for highlighting us today Please visit eastbourneresponders.co.uk read of how we assist… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- RT @David_Ruddle: Today our #CharityOfTheDay is @EbnResponders j.mp/2NM9opt Show them support by helping in any way you c… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Grateful to #BestOfEastbourne for highlighting us today Please visit eastbourneresponders.co.uk read of how we assist… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- RT @SECAmb_Pride: “I remember all too well the fear and anxiety that came from coming out. To me it felt like I would lose control of… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…