EMERGENCY LIFE SUPPORT TRAINING
Heartstart Eastbourne is run for people who have an interest in learning about Emergency Life Support and is FREE.
It is a British Heart Foundation initiative and provides free Emergency Life Support (ELS) training for the community.
Heartstart Eastbourne is sponsored and operated by Eastbourne Area Community First Responders.
This course is aimed at the public. Anyone from the age of ten upwards can attend and learn the complete range of ELS skills.
To date 3.6 million people have been trained through HeartStart.
The HeartStart programme includes:
- assessing an unconscious patient
- put an unconscious patient into the recovery position
- performing cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- an introduction to defibrillators
- dealing with choking
- dealing with serious bleeding
- helping someone that may be having a heart attack
Knowing what to do when someone has a cardiac arrest is important. If you know how to carry out CPR, you can buy the time needed for professional help to arrive and save a life. Being able to do CPR more than doubles the chance of survival.
The course lasts about two hours and provides practical hands-on learning. A practical 'learn by doing' experience.
- RT @BTP: On 3 June last year, DC Cardecha-Paolucci ran towards the unfolding danger at London Bridge and Borough Market. A… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- RT @DALTON_CFR: Pls can #followers #retweeters please get this circulated so we can see this person be arrested for his actions.. twitter.com/LBC/status/965…
- RT @wmasrobmoore: Great question! We have an exemption for bus lanes when engaged in an emergency, you don't, so let us use the bus l… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- RT @GlosFireChief: Thank you to the outstanding efforts of my @Glosfire firefighters, Control staff, officers and @Glos_Police last ni… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- RT @WYP_NeilTaylor: From time to time I repost this photo, it is a real photo of PC Cant assisting a lady living with Dementia who loca… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- RT @StokePoliceNrth: We have arrested a 26 year old female for public order offences. Emergency Services must be able to carry out their… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- RT @EastSussexFRS: Looking for a new challenge? We've got #job opportunities in our IT team, estates team & project management ow.ly/yMDz30irTJg