EMERGENCY LIFE SUPPORT TRAINING
Heartstart Eastbourne is run for people who have an interest in learning about Emergency Life Support and is FREE.
It is a British Heart Foundation initiative and provides free Emergency Life Support (ELS) training for the community.
Heartstart Eastbourne is sponsored and operated by Eastbourne Area Community First Responders.
This course is aimed at the public. Anyone from the age of ten upwards can attend and learn the complete range of ELS skills.
To date 3.6 million people have been trained through HeartStart.
The HeartStart programme includes:
- assessing an unconscious patient
- put an unconscious patient into the recovery position
- performing cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- an introduction to defibrillators
- dealing with choking
- dealing with serious bleeding
- helping someone that may be having a heart attack
Knowing what to do when someone has a cardiac arrest is important. If you know how to carry out CPR, you can buy the time needed for professional help to arrive and save a life. Being able to do CPR more than doubles the chance of survival.
The course lasts about two hours and provides practical hands-on learning. A practical 'learn by doing' experience.
- RT @SECAmbulance: Meet Richard....he became a CFR after a CFR was first on scene to him when he suffered a heart attack in 2013. He'… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- RT @AsminaC: Thank you to all our Volunteers. You really do make an enormous difference, both for us in @SECAmbulance and to our… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- RT @AlexBet25838815: As it's National Volunteers Week I'm celebrating it with @SECAmbulance as a CFR on the Crew Welfare Vehicle, curren… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- RT @DavidWellsHoCE: Volunteers Week, thank you to all our @SECambulanceCFR volunteers and Chaplains in the Trust for your dedication an… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- RT @LewesR: June sees the start of @SECambulanceCFR volunteers starting to respond again in their local communities.
- RT @Jazzthornton_: Today I went back to the location I tried to end my life in 2015 and put this sign there. Please don’t take your li… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- RT @NewhavenRNLI: The @RNLI's lifeguards can't be everywhere this summer. If you're heading to the coast, #BeBeachSafe: check the wea… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…