EMERGENCY LIFE SUPPORT TRAINING
Heartstart Eastbourne is run for people who have an interest in learning about Emergency Life Support and is FREE.
It is a British Heart Foundation initiative and provides free Emergency Life Support (ELS) training for the community.
Heartstart Eastbourne is sponsored and operated by Eastbourne Area Community First Responders.
This course is aimed at the public. Anyone from the age of ten upwards can attend and learn the complete range of ELS skills.
To date 3.6 million people have been trained through HeartStart.
The HeartStart programme includes:
- assessing an unconscious patient
- put an unconscious patient into the recovery position
- performing cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- an introduction to defibrillators
- dealing with choking
- dealing with serious bleeding
- helping someone that may be having a heart attack
Knowing what to do when someone has a cardiac arrest is important. If you know how to carry out CPR, you can buy the time needed for professional help to arrive and save a life. Being able to do CPR more than doubles the chance of survival.
The course lasts about two hours and provides practical hands-on learning. A practical 'learn by doing' experience.
- RT @SECAmbulance: With the weekend almost upon us, it is crucial in the fight against #Covid19 that we do not gather in groups larger… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- RT @ResusCouncilUK: Now is the time to learn CPR. Watch this video to learn how to do CPR during COVID-19, then practice your skills wi… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- RT @dharford79: When emergency vehicles approach you, don’t panic! Stay calm. Watch this useful short clip! #RoadSafety… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- RT @Ldn_Ambulance: If you come across a person in cardiac arrest, by helping them you can increase their chance of survival. We reali… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- RT @SECAmbulance: As #Covid19 swept the UK in March 2020, Team SECAmb had to rapidly adapt our ways of working to deal with the pande… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Congrats. So well deserved. twitter.com/KiyaClaydon/st…
- RT @RhiRoderick: Some of the incredibly hard work done by #TeamSECAmb during the pandemic. I am so proud to have helped lead the Mut… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…