EMERGENCY LIFE SUPPORT TRAINING
Heartstart Eastbourne is run for people who have an interest in learning about Emergency Life Support and is FREE.
It is a British Heart Foundation initiative and provides free Emergency Life Support (ELS) training for the community.
Heartstart Eastbourne is sponsored and operated by Eastbourne Area Community First Responders.
This course is aimed at the public. Anyone from the age of ten upwards can attend and learn the complete range of ELS skills.
To date 3.6 million people have been trained through HeartStart.
The HeartStart programme includes:
- assessing an unconscious patient
- put an unconscious patient into the recovery position
- performing cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- an introduction to defibrillators
- dealing with choking
- dealing with serious bleeding
- helping someone that may be having a heart attack
Knowing what to do when someone has a cardiac arrest is important. If you know how to carry out CPR, you can buy the time needed for professional help to arrive and save a life. Being able to do CPR more than doubles the chance of survival.
The course lasts about two hours and provides practical hands-on learning. A practical 'learn by doing' experience.
- RT @Will_Bellamy: Coming to an ambulance near you! Today we presented the latest cohort of ECSW’s joining our amazing team across Nor… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- RT @mattbriggs: So proud of the @EbnResponders team last night completing their annual adult and paediatric BLS recertifications wi… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- RT @SecambPMRC: We’re not normally an advocate for notes left on Ambulances. However this one left on a vehicle whilst our… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- RT @SevenoaksCFR: Congratulations to whomever caused £'s of damage to the public access defib @BojanglesCoffee Dunton Green. Your ac… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- RT @bfinlay0212: Well done @EDI_Airport you could not make these #LifeSaving signs more clear. Also using the international recog… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- RT @nhscampaigns: Remember this? 👉Theresa May suggests NHS could be part of US trade deal This isn't history This is on the table pos… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- RT @CFOESFRS: I have nothing against those involved taking a photo of a crash scene to record evidence for insurance, but those t… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…