EMERGENCY LIFE SUPPORT TRAINING
Heartstart Eastbourne is run for people who have an interest in learning about Emergency Life Support and is FREE.
It is a British Heart Foundation initiative and provides free Emergency Life Support (ELS) training for the community.
Heartstart Eastbourne is sponsored and operated by Eastbourne Area Community First Responders.
This course is aimed at the public. Anyone from the age of ten upwards can attend and learn the complete range of ELS skills.
To date 3.6 million people have been trained through HeartStart.
The HeartStart programme includes:
- assessing an unconscious patient
- put an unconscious patient into the recovery position
- performing cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- an introduction to defibrillators
- dealing with choking
- dealing with serious bleeding
- helping someone that may be having a heart attack
Knowing what to do when someone has a cardiac arrest is important. If you know how to carry out CPR, you can buy the time needed for professional help to arrive and save a life. Being able to do CPR more than doubles the chance of survival.
The course lasts about two hours and provides practical hands-on learning. A practical 'learn by doing' experience.
- RT @Rustinurse: Finding it difficult to construct a professional comment on this one 😡 twitter.com/wmassimonwong/…
- RT @SECAmbJLisle: Unfortunately at one of today’s incidents I, along with a crew and another HCP, were subjected to Verbal Abuse from… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- RT @SECAmbJLisle: We don’t deliberately block the road unless we have to. In this instance it was the only way to park close to the p… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- RT @ResusCouncilUK: Bystander CPR may not always lead to survival and release from hospital, but appropriate and effective CPR will pro… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- RT @LondonFire: Record numbers of women have applied to become firefighters with over 700 female applicants. Our recruitment campai… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- RT @HMCGSelsey: We often meet members of the public who are not clear on the difference between the Coastguard and the lifeboats, s… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- RT @doglab: It takes 3.2 sec to RT and help find missing Esther Koroma15 year old missing from Lambeth #London since 12/4/18 c… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…