EMERGENCY LIFE SUPPORT TRAINING
Heartstart Eastbourne is run for people who have an interest in learning about Emergency Life Support and is FREE.
It is a British Heart Foundation initiative and provides free Emergency Life Support (ELS) training for the community.
Heartstart Eastbourne is sponsored and operated by Eastbourne Area Community First Responders.
This course is aimed at the public. Anyone from the age of ten upwards can attend and learn the complete range of ELS skills.
To date 3.6 million people have been trained through HeartStart.
The HeartStart programme includes:
- assessing an unconscious patient
- put an unconscious patient into the recovery position
- performing cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- an introduction to defibrillators
- dealing with choking
- dealing with serious bleeding
- helping someone that may be having a heart attack
Knowing what to do when someone has a cardiac arrest is important. If you know how to carry out CPR, you can buy the time needed for professional help to arrive and save a life. Being able to do CPR more than doubles the chance of survival.
The course lasts about two hours and provides practical hands-on learning. A practical 'learn by doing' experience.
- RT @SECAmbulance: Would you know what to do? Today is #RestartAHeart day. All this week SECAmb, its partners and volunteers are train… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- @EbnResponders will be with our colleagues from@ESFRS in Hankham tomorrow teaching the youngsters CPR. A Simple Ski… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- RT @StevenCBrooks: Where is your nearest #AED at work,rest, and play? Take a moment on #WorldRestartAHeart day to know where it is an… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- RT @BBCSussex: Concerns for missing 85-year-old man from #Seaford sussex.police.uk/news/concerns-…
- RT @TheBHF: On #RestartAHeart Day we want everyone to learn the skills to save a life. Find out how: bit.ly/2CKuEJC
- RT @kentfirerescue: Reminder - free event at #Folkestone fire station today (16 October). Learn basic life support and #CPR skills as p… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- RT @LaerdalAus: Today is World Restart a Heart day! Join us to increase awareness about a cause that is close to our heart – the cr… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…