EMERGENCY LIFE SUPPORT TRAINING
Heartstart Eastbourne is run for people who have an interest in learning about Emergency Life Support and is FREE.
It is a British Heart Foundation initiative and provides free Emergency Life Support (ELS) training for the community.
Heartstart Eastbourne is sponsored and operated by Eastbourne Area Community First Responders.
This course is aimed at the public. Anyone from the age of ten upwards can attend and learn the complete range of ELS skills.
To date 3.6 million people have been trained through HeartStart.
The HeartStart programme includes:
- assessing an unconscious patient
- put an unconscious patient into the recovery position
- performing cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- an introduction to defibrillators
- dealing with choking
- dealing with serious bleeding
- helping someone that may be having a heart attack
Knowing what to do when someone has a cardiac arrest is important. If you know how to carry out CPR, you can buy the time needed for professional help to arrive and save a life. Being able to do CPR more than doubles the chance of survival.
The course lasts about two hours and provides practical hands-on learning. A practical 'learn by doing' experience.
- RT @CFOESFRS: @EastSussexFRS Fabulous and love our new PRIDE twitter profile. I was pleased to be part of the flag raising ceremo… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- RT @SECAmb_Katie: Looking forward to being part of @SECAmbulance team at @TPrideBrighton event on Saturday. Will be my 3rd year in at… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- RT @AG_EM33: Jan 15 2019 vs July 15 2019 And that’s how you do it, folks. #donatelife #hearttransplant #icusurvivor… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- RT @SECAmb_AdamS: What a fantastic and simple idea! 20 mobile defibrillators across Liverpool. twitter.com/kevinvinnymahe…
- As a confidence booster contact your local Community Responders for a short free course on CPR and use of Defibrillator.
- Great outcome. As said you don't need training to use a defibrillator but you do need a Defib to be handy. It would… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- RT @DavidWellsHoCE: Well done to all the candidates on the Gatwick CFR course. Welcome to SECAmb as a valued volunteer within your loca… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…